Minerals, crystals and gemstones are used for many purposes that somehow help us in our daily lives, like technology, or are used merely for their look and aesthetic, like jewellery and display: all of them have amazing energy since they’re all formed on Earth at very high temperatures.
With the incredible increase in popularity of alternative and esoteric practices, crystals and gemstones consequentially got extremely popular too; they are accessible to anyone, quite inexpensive, very beautiful to hold, wear and look at and used for healing purposes.
How to use gemstones and crystals to heal, to balance and to open the Chakras
A chakra is basically an energetic point in a body, a key point through where energy flows (For more info read “What Are Chakras? The 7 Chakras and Their Meaning“).
Our body has over 40 chakra points, but most people know 7: the Root Chakra, the Sacral Chakra, the Solar Plexus Chakra, the Heart Chakra, the Throat Chakra, the Third Eye Chakra and the Crown Chakra. These chakras form a straight line going from the base of our spine, also known as Kundalini, to the top of our head.
The crystals and gemstones can be used to help in many things, like balancing or aligning the chakras. Because chakras have been attributed colours to them, people have been using crystals and gemstones either on the chakra points or around them, like a sort of grid.
The colours attributed to chakras are:
- Red/Brown/Black for the Root Chakra
- Orange for the Sacral Chakra
- Yellow/Gold for the Solar Plexus Chakra
- Green/Pink for the Heart Chakra
- Blue for the Throat Chakra
- Violet/Purple/Lilac/Dark Blue for the Third Eye Chakra
- White/Gold/Purple for the Crown Chakra
Below are some examples and suggestions of what crystals and gemstones go with which chakra, based on colour only:
- Crystals and gemstones that are red, brown or black can be used on the Root Chakra: red jasper, red garnet, ruby, red agate, black tourmaline, bloodstone, obsidian, smoky quartz, red tiger’s eye.
- Crystals and gemstones that are more orange and even red can be used on the Sacral Chakra: orange carnelian, topaz, orange calcite, red tiger’s eye, cherry opal, fire opal.
- Crystals and gemstones that are more on the yellow and golden side can be used on the Solar Plexus Chakra: citrine, pyrite, yellow calcite, yellow topaz, golden tiger’s eye, yellow tourmaline, golden beryl, yellow smithsonite.
- Crystals and gemstones that are green or pink can be used on the Heart Chakra: rose quartz, green aventurine, muscovite, green quartz, rhodonite, watermelon tourmaline, pink tourmaline, green tourmaline, peridot, lepidolite.
- Crystals and gemstones that are more blue, or variations of blue, that can be used on the Throat Chakra: turquoise, aquamarine, blue tourmaline, blue topaz, blue obsidian, azurite, kunzite, celestite, angelite, sodalite.
- Crystals and gemstones that are dark blue/violet/purple/lilac that can be used on the Third Eye Chakra: lapis lazuli, amethyst, purple fluorite, electric blue obsidian, blue goldstone, sodalite, labradorite, kunzite.
- Crystals and gemstones that are clear, white, deep purple or golden that can be used on the Crown Chakra: clear quartz, golden beryl, purple sapphire, purple jasper, citrine, clear tourmaline, selenite.
Sometimes you will see that the same crystal or gemstone can be used on more than one chakra, even if that crystal or gemstone has a single, solid colour. For example, citrine can be used on the Sacral, Solar Plexus and Crown Chakras. Or amethyst being used on the Throat, Third Eye or Crown Chakras. That’s because these crystals and gemstones have very powerful energy useful on many levels.
Using Crystals and Gemstones for Gridding
You can also use any crystal and gemstone to form a grid. A grid is used either to draw in wanted energy or release unwanted energy. Grids can be quite fun to do and can be applied around our own body or by themselves around or outside the house or just on the floor.
You can also use one type of crystal or gemstone or have several different ones; it really is up to you and what you are trying to achieve.
You might also like: What Are Chakras? The 7 Chakras and Their Meaning
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.