Everything you need to know about the sixth chakra (Ajna): a complete guide for beginners
The Third Eye Chakra is the second of the higher chakras (after the Throat Chakra) and is located right between the eyebrows. In fact, it is believed that the pineal gland inside the brain is the actual Third Eye.
The eyes can physically see, but the Third Eye “sees” that which the eyes cannot see. It works on the intuition, psychic abilities, sixth sense, allowing us to cut through illusion and deceit and get to the real truth.
The colour attributed to the Third Eye is indigo. Indigo is seen as a colour between dark blue and violet or an actual mix of blue and violet, giving it a particular spiritual and mysterious colour.
These are some of the signs your Third Eye Chakra is balanced:
- You trust your intuition
- You know you’re living your purpose
- You are mindful
- Your reason and emotions are perfectly balanced
- You get psychic information as easy as information with your five senses
When your Third Eye Chakra is blocked or out of balance, the below can manifest:
- You might not know what your purpose in life is
- You might not be able to make decisions
- You might think you’re not important to this world
- Constant headaches, even migraines
- People not believing in your potential
A healthy and flowing Third Eye Chakra or Ajna is extremely important if you want to connect to the more spiritual worlds, know and follow your life purpose, if you want to cut through all illusions and get to the real truth, well beyond the five physical senses.
How To Balance The Third Eye Chakra?
There are many things that you can do to open your Third Eye Chakra and make it more balanced and flowing in the right direction. For example:
- Meditate – Sit, lay down or stand up, whatever makes you feel more comfortable. You can visualize an indigo ball of light, right between your eyebrows, or right in the middle of your brain, where the pineal gland is, appearing and increasing gradually in size, from a tiny grain of sand to the size of a basketball for example. See it as a flower, opening up its bright, indigo petals, rotating clock-wise. Stay with that image for a few good minutes.
- Eat more indigo/violet/purple foods – Since indigo is the colour of the Third Eye Chakra, it makes sense to have foods that have that colour, like eggplants, red grapes, purple cabbage, blueberries, blackberries. You can also consume foods that are not necessarily indigo or violet but are still good for the Third Eye, like dark chocolate (with moderation, of course), salmon, walnuts and chia seeds.
- Say daily affirmations – You can say the same ones or different ones several times a day. Just make sure you say with conviction, imagining and holding that feeling as you say it. Here are some examples: “I trust my intuition”, “I listen to my wisdom”, “I am in touch with my inner self”, “I see the truth in everything”, “I am connected to the Universe”.
- Wear indigo/violet/purple clothing – What you wear also influences each and every chakra. Any piece of clothing or accessory that has indigo/violet/purple on it can be used and be efficient in balancing the Third Eye Chakra (shirts, sweaters, jackets, socks, underwear, pants, jeans…). You don’t need to be fully indigo clothed (not unless you’re going to a themed party!); one piece of indigo/violet/purple clothing or accessory is enough, but that’s entirely up to you.
- Meditation music – There are many, many pieces of music and sounds that can be used and even be specific for healing the Third Eye Chakra. You can find them on YouTube, for example. You can play different ones every time, so don’t feel like you need to stick with a particular one.
- Use gemstones, crystals and jewellery – Wearing or simply holding these can have a tremendous effect into opening up and healing your Third Eye Chakra. You can try amethyst (perhaps the most popular one for the Ajna), purple fluorite, ametrine (a mix of amethyst and citrine), iolite, sugilite, lepidolite… Basically, any indigo/purple/violet-looking crystal and gemstone can be used. There are many more that you can use, so have fun discovering them!
You can do just one of these, all of them at the same time or just something else entirely that resonates more with you. What’s important is to do it as much and/or as often as possible, holding or visualizing the intention deeply and truthfully.
You might also like: 23 Third Eye Awakening Aymptoms and Ascension Signs and What Are Chakras? The 7 Chakras and Their Meaning
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.