Everything you need to know about the third chakra (Manipura): a complete guide for beginners
You know when people say they have a gut feeling or they feel butterflies in their stomach? This is happening at the Solar Plexus Chakra, located between the belly button and the bottom of the ribcage. The Solar Plexus is where your self-esteem, your personal power, your personal identity, your self-confidence, your self-assurance and decision making reside.
Because the Solar Plexus Chakra comes after the Sacral Chakra and the Root Chakra; it works or performs better if the the below ones are already in alignment or balanced, since they can be seen as cogs in a machine – if one cog is not working properly, the others won’t either.
The Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipura is where the control of your life takes place. When you have a clear path in your life, when things are going the way you want them to, this chakra is responsible for that.
These are some of the signs of a balanced Solar Plexus Chakra:
- You feel confident
- Your self-esteem is high
- You take responsibility for your actions
- You are disciplined and determined
- You know who you are and feel comfortable with it
When your Solar Plexus Chakra is blocked or out of balance, the below can manifest:
- You have low or no self-esteem
- You criticize yourself often
- You’re more passive or reactive
- You have constant digestive discomforts
- You may feel insecure, indecisive, needy even
A healthy and flowing Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipura is extremely important if you want to have more control of your life, knowing who you are, confident in what you are and do, believing you can do anything, being more active than procrastinating, taking charge and being responsible for your own life, rather than blame others.
How To Balance The Solar Plexus Chakra?
There are many things that you can do to open your Sacral Chakra and make it more balanced and flowing in the right direction. For example:
- Meditate – Sit, lay down or stand up, whatever makes you feel more comfortable. You can visualize a deep yellow or golden yellow light, in your upper abdomen, from the top of the belly button to just below your ribcage, and inside your body, appearing and increasing gradually in size, from a tiny grain of sand to the size of a basketball for example. See it as a flower, opening up its bright, golden yellow petals, rotating clock-wise. Stay with that image for a while.
- Eat more yellow foods – Since yellow is the colour of Solar Plexus Chakra, it makes sense to have foods that have yellow as their primary colour, like sweet potatoes, yellow lentils, yellow peppers, lemons, golden apples, squash, corn…
- Say daily affirmations – You can say the same ones or different ones several times a day. Just make sure you say with conviction, imagining and holding that feeling as you say it. Here are some examples: “I feel nourished”, “I confidently express myself”, “I am authentic”, I direct my own life”, “I feel my power”.
- Wear yellow clothing – What you wear also influences each and every chakra. Any piece of clothing or accessory that has orange on it can be used and be efficient in balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra (shirts, sweaters, jackets, socks, underwear, pants…). You don’t need to be fully yellow clothed (not unless you’re going to an yellow-themed party); one piece of yellow clothing or accessory is enough, but that’s entirely up to you.
- Meditation music – There are many, many pieces of music and sounds that can be used and even be specific for healing the Solar Plexus Chakra. You can find them on YouTube, for example. You can play different ones every time, so don’t feel like you need to stick with a particular one.
- Use gemstones, crystals and jewellery – Wearing or simply holding these can have a tremendous effect into opening up and healing your Solar Plexus Chakra. You can try yellow or golden calcite, citrine (both natural and heat-treated ones are good), sunstone, golden tiger eye, yellow topaz… Basically, any yellow-looking crystal and gemstone can be used. There are many more that you can use, so have fun discovering them!
You can do just one of these, all of them at the same time or just something else entirely that resonates more with you. What’s important is to do it as much and/or as often as possible, holding or visualizing the intention deeply and truthfully.
You might also like: What is the Root Chakra? and What Are Chakras? The 7 Chakras and Their Meaning
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.